Ancient Cedars Snowshoe Tour
A 3 hour snowshoe experience into one of the rarest forests in British Columbia. The Ancient Cedars forest the home of 900 year old cedars, and our expert guides will share their knowledge on this unique place.
The Ancient Cedars Experience
This 3 hour tour begins with a 30 minute ride in a 4×4 from Basecamp to the trail head. From there, your expert guides will take you on a 4km roundtrip expedition, sharing their knowledge of the local flora and fauna.
Included: Snowshoes & Poles
The Ancient Cedars Forest
Respect Your Elders: The saying goes “respect your elders” and this snowshoe experience gives a whole new meaning. This tour is best way to experience the Ancient Cedars forest. Immerse yourself in a forest of 900 year old trees, the oldest living things in the entire Sea to Sky corridor.
Tips & What to Bring
What to Wear – Dress for the weather!
– Dress like you’re going skiing: Warm waterproof winter Jacket, snowpants, warm base layers, thick socks, gloves, neck warmer and a tuque (also called beanie).
– Ski goggle are recommended if you have a pair – we have extra’s if needed
– Waterproof winter boots are a must
Hand and Toe Warmers – Available for sale at our Basecamp Cafe. These can be a great way to stay that much warmer in the winter!
Phones, Cameras and GoPros – You are more than welcome to bring a camera to capture the memories at your own risk. We highly recommend one with a wrist strap or mount. GoPros are available to rent! Sorry, no drones.
– All guests must be comfortable and physically capable of hiking 4km in the snow
– Must be over the age of 8 and fit a xxs helmet
– Any guests aged 8 to 15 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 19
– Zero Tolerance Drug and Alcohol Policy
– Injury & Pregnancy – We discourage guests from participating for their own safety