Vallea Lumina, Summer Show
Old stories tell of the wondrous things that happen near Whistler. Between the trees, in the shadow of mountains, people say there’s a hidden place where stardust falls from the night sky, filling all living things with its pure light. There’s a way to get there, but few know how to find it. The pathway is marked only by the lingering traces of two long-ago hikers. Join an evening excursion in search of a hidden valley that’s filled with unexpected enchantment. The legends hold that its beautiful mysteries stay with those who find it long after they leave.
Before you book: The entire experience takes place outside within a trail network which is partially leveled but not asphalted. These paths are not recommended for people with reduced mobility since they consist of several steep staircases, that are both up and down. Using a baby carrier is recommended although strollers are not recommended including the off-road/sports models.
- Duration: 1 hour in the forest.
- Showtimes: Nightly starting at sundown.
- Adult Price: $34.99 /Adult (16 and Over)
- Youth Price: $29.99 /Youth (6-15 Years)
- Child Price: Free (5 Years & Under)
- Getting To The Venue: Cougar Basecamp – Follow any map app to Sixteen Mile Creek Forest Service Road, Whistler BC, just a 10 minute drive north of Whistler Village. After turning off the highway at our large wooden sign that says Welcome to Cougar Mountain, a short uphill drive through the forest will take you to the basecamp. Complimentary parking is available at the venue.
- COVID-19 Measures Now in Place: Guests will be required to consent to a non-invasive temperature check, and as of July 1st, 2021 masks for staff and guests are optional for all activities. For a complete list of new procedures, please visit tagwhistler.com/covid19.
What to bring
- Vallea Lumina FAQ – Click here
- Layered Clothing
- Insect Repellent
- A Sense of Wonder
- Strollers are not permitted
Prepare for the Journey
Don’t freak out.
The trees in these woods have been known to talk. It’s when the trees outside of Vallea Lumina start talking, there is cause for concern.
Keep your eyes open.
Follow clues left by a pair of hikers to find the hidden valley.
Please arrive at Cougar Mountain at your designated showtime.
Catch and Release.
The illuminated salmon are a protected species, so if you happen to catch one please release it back to it’s natural environment.
In B.C.’s coastal rainforest, some trees are over 1,000 years old. Trees so old they lived through the fall of the Ming Dynasty, the life of Mozart, the birth of Canada, and the computer you’re probably reading this on.
Your journey through the enchanted forest will be approximately 1 hour.
Please arrive at basecamp at your designated showtime. Follow Google Maps or Waze to Cougar Mountain Road, Whistler BC, just a 10 minute drive from Whistler village. Complimentary parking is available at the venue.