Vallea Lumina – The Winter Journey
Old stories tell of the wondrous things that happen near Whistler. Between the trees, in the shadow of mountains, people say there’s a hidden place where stardust falls from the night sky, filling all living things with its pure light. There’s a way to get there, but few know how to find it. The pathway is marked only by the lingering traces of two long-ago hikers. Join an evening excursion in search of a hidden valley that’s filled with unexpected enchantment. The legends hold that its beautiful mysteries stay with those who find it long after they leave.
Before you book: The entire experience takes place outside within a trail network which is maintained based on snowfall. These undulating trails are not recommended for people with reduced mobility since there are some staircases. Using a baby carrier is recommended although strollers are not permitted including the off-road/sports models. Shows run rain, snow or shine, umbrellas are not allowed.
- The Winter Journey: November 2020 – April 2021.
- Duration: 30-45 minutes in the forest.
- Showtimes: At sundown, every 30 minutes. Closed on select midweek days during low volume periods, check the booking window for up to date availability.
- Adult Price: $29.99 /Adult
- Youth Price: $24.99 /Youth (6-15 Years)
- Child Price: Free (5 Years & Under)
- Getting To The Venue: Cougar Basecamp – Follow any map app to Sixteen Mile Creek Forest Service Road, Whistler BC, just a 10 minute drive north of Whistler Village. After turning off the highway at our large wooden sign that says Welcome to Cougar Mountain, a short uphill drive through the forest will take you to the basecamp. Complimentary parking is available at the venue.
- COVID-19 Measures in Place: Guests will be required to consent to a non-invasive temperature check, and wearing a protective mask is required at all times. Masks will be provided, or guests can bring their own. For a complete list of new procedures, please visit tagwhistler.com/covid19.
What to bring
- Snow jacket and pants.
- Insulated winter boots, suitable for walking on snow.
- Warm waterproof layers including gloves, neckwarmers or scarf & toque/beanie.
- A Sense of Wonder
- Strollers and pets are not permitted on tour.
Prepare for the Journey
Don’t freak out.
The trees in these woods have been known to talk. It’s when the trees outside of Vallea Lumina start talking, there is cause for concern.
Keep your eyes open.
Follow clues left by a pair of hikers to find the hidden valley.
Please arrive at Cougar Mountain at your designated showtime.
Catch and Release.
The illuminated salmon are a protected species, so if you happen to catch one please release it back to it’s natural environment.
In B.C.’s coastal rainforest, some trees are over 1,000 years old. Trees so old they lived through the fall of the Ming Dynasty, the life of Mozart, the birth of Canada, and the computer you’re probably reading this on.
Your journey through the enchanted forest is approximately 30-45 minutes but you can take it as slow as you like.
Please arrive at basecamp at your designated showtime. Follow any map app to Sixteen Mile Creek Forest Service Road, Whistler BC, just a 10 minute drive from Whistler village. Complimentary parking is available at the venue.