Explore the beauty of Whistler in a unique and exciting way on a Snowshoe Tour. To start we’ll take you high up on Rainbow Mountain in an open-air 4×4 vehicle, where you’ll snowshoe through a beautiful coastal rainforest and enjoy spectacular views over some of the highest peaks in the Whistler backcountry.
Our experienced guides will lead you through undulating terrain as you float on snow in the pristine and tranquil wilderness with ancient trees towering above you. Hear the trickle of frozen waterfalls in the distance while our guide shares expert knowledge about the local environment, its history and the wildlife that call it home. This tour requires no experience and is perfect for all abilities.
We gratefully and respectfully acknowledge that the land we work and live on, now known as Whistler, lies in the unceded territory of the Sk̲wx̲wú7mesh and Líl̓wat Nations.
- Duration: 2.25 hours (round trip from Cougar base) with approximately 1 hour snowshoe time
- Departures: Weekdays*: 10am
- Departures: Weekends: 10am / 1pm
- *Closed on select midweek days during low volume periods, check booking window for up to date availability.
- Adult: $109.99
- Child: $69.99 (6-12 years old)
- Check in: Cougar Basecamp – Please check in at our basecamp 10 minutes before your scheduled tour time. Follow any map app to Sixteen Mile Creek Forest Service Road, Whistler BC, just a 10 minute drive north of Whistler Village. After turning off the highway at our large wooden sign that says Welcome to Cougar Mountain, a short uphill drive through the forest will take you to the basecamp. Complimentary parking is available at the venue.
- COVID-19 Measures in Place: Guests will be required to consent to a non-invasive temperature check, and wearing a protective mask is required at times. Masks will be provided, or guests can bring their own. For a complete list of new procedures, please visit tagwhistler.com/covid19.
- Flexible Cancellation Policy: Change or cancel your booking up until 24 hours prior to the activity or purchase optional cancellation protection which allows cancellation without penalty until 1 hour before activity. Please visit tagwhistler.com/refunds for more information.
Prepare to Explore
Each tour has a minimum age for children according to the difficulty level. Private tours are recommended for younger snowshoers and their families.
A traditional tool.
Serving the Aboriginal Peoples living in the area for thousands of years, snowshoes spread out a person’s weight over a large area, allowing you to float on snow.
All guests are required to sign a legal release of liability waiver.